Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A day of new names

I am continuing to research and have found nothing on Nathaniel Sommerfelt. I have searched the North Dakota death index, and scoured Ancestry.com. A couple of interesting tidbits of information is that Tillie was issued a birth certificate in Wichita Falls - but the information shows that she was born in North Dakota in 1900. From that information and the fact that Matilda was one of the witnesses tells me that this is Othelia. The interesting fact that really comes out of this though is that there are 2 names as witnesses. The first is Matilda, the second is someone named Carl Kuehn. This is a new name that I have not previously run across in my research.
Another new name that I had not run across is Mrs. Minnie Weidenbach. This name was listed as a contact on the Owens & Brumley funeral home record for Minnie Sommerfelt, along with Rudolph Sommerfelt (which I believe to be Wilhelmina/Minnie's son).
There also seems to be a little bit of confusion regarding Minnie's birthdate. The obituary shows Jan. 16, 1872 - the death record shows 1875 - family records have shown 1865. Pretty nutty stuff.

No comments: